Bob Burg, author of “Endless Referrals” did a teleseminar with Great Teleseminars the other day and interviewed Dr. Ivan Misner, the founder of BNI, the largest professional networking group in the world.
They shattered myths about networking and offered tips on doing it the right way.
I took away these pointers:
– Networking is farming, not hunting. You are planting seeds to build relationships for the future.
– People might not need to buy your services today. But they will remember you for the future when they do.
– Build trust and sales will come.
– Ask how they started their business. It is a great conversation starter.
– Don’t ask the “what causes you the most pain?” which many other books do. People don’t feel comfortable talking about their problems yet.
– Networking is about giving and helping, not about passing out business cards and asking for business.
Bob has started the “Endless Referrals Club,” a series of teleseminars produced by Great Teleseminars in which he interviews many leading thinkers who can help you build your business.
Your Fearless PR LEADER
PR LEADS Expert Resource Network