Improve Your Productivity with Done-For-You-Services
Home Depot has ushered in the era of Do-It-Yourself Service in home repair. And that feeling has definitely worked its way to the Internet, where every trainer, coach and marketer has a system that will show you how to fix any problem in your relationships or office life.
I doubt there’s ever been a similar time in history when the average person has immediate access to so much information that can improve their lives.
But wait a second. What’s wrong with this picture?
Let’s assume all the info you read and all the systems you buy are 100 percent bonafide information that will work. The question really is: should you implement these tactics yourself?
Here Are the Top 3 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Buy Your Next Do-It-Yourself System:
1. Can you devote the proper time to do it correctly and consistently? Remember, everything takes time.
2. Do you have the skills to carry this out? Information marketers try to sell you on the dream that even you can do it all. They’re hoping you will forget these programs require at least one skill. Can you write well? Can you sell well? Can you design a web page well? If so, that’s great. If not, a big question mark should flash in your mind.
3. Here’s the most important question: assuming you have the time, skill and competence to do it yourself, is it a good use of your time? In other words, if you can sell $1,000,000 worth of real estate in the same time it takes to produce a six-volume CD set with instructional materials, train the trainer modules and other supplementary texts, which activity would get you more money in the long term? In other words, I don’t mow the lawn. It takes too long and it hurts my back. So I hire a neighborhood kid who does it for much less than my hourly rate. I save time and he makes money. It is a very fair trade. And I don’t have to buy “How to Mow Your Lawn in Half the Time with Half the Energy,” a six-set DVD and coaching program!
While the web might be the greatest place for do-it-yourselfers, I see a need for another kind of service: the done-for-you services. If you want to save yourself time, energy and aggravation you must find companies that can do the work for you.
Here Are 3 Examples of Done-For-You Services and How They Can Help You:
1. I know I must develop my websites with lots of information-rich content so visitors will want to return and buy from me. However, I don’t have the time or the patience to sit down and try to figure out HTML and all of the web design and development aspects. That’s why I outsource my complete web management to Assess Communicate. They create my sites, update my content and do it for less money than it would cost me to do it myself. Remember, any activity that takes my focus from making new sales is costing me money in the long run.
2. Before I created the PR LEADS Article Marketing Service, I hired Eric Gruber to write and submit articles that promoted PR LEADS. I could have submitted the articles myself, but hiring Eric was a no-brainer after he explained that it would take about 10 hours to submit one article to 100 sites. I had better things to do with my time. For a reasonable fee, Eric found the best sites, optimized my articles so they received good placement in the search engines and even found a typo or two that I missed. Those value-added services are things I couldn’t even begin to think about, as I needed to focus my time on handling my clients. Now, I’ve joined forces with Eric, who has really taken article marketing to the next level and has helped more than 65 of my clients through the PR LEADS Article Marketing Service get the online publicity they need to sell more books, products and services.
3. My Great Teleseminars Audio Production Company is another great example of a done-for-you-service. We record teleseminars, duplicate CDs, and make transcripts and MP3s. It’s like one-stop shopping for all of your product creation needs. My teleseminar clients just show up with their audience and deliver their lecture. The next thing they know, they have a slew of products they can sell.
These are just three examples of hundreds of done-for-you services. So, before you buy your next do-it-yourself system, think twice and check online for a done-for-you service instead. You’ll have less stress and become more productive.
About the Author:
Small business expert and entrepreneur Dan Janal has created several done-for-you services that will save you time, energy and aggravation. For complete, reliable recording production, sales and administration for your teleseminar needs, go to www.greatteleseminars.com. If you’re looking for a done-for-you service that handles all of your article submission needs, go to www.articlemarketingexperts.com
Leave A Comment