Most entrepreneurs consider it a lucky day when they make a sale. Even better if the client buys a recurring program, like a subscription to a service, like PRLEADS or a coaching program that meets every month.
But many entrepreneurs don’t realize they might be leaving money on the table.
“Most of your prospects, even your customers are not aware of all the services and products you have to offer,” says Mark LeBlanc, a small business success coach based in Minneapolis and author of “Growing Your Business” and the soon-to-be released “Never be the Same.” “They do know about the product they bought, but that’s about all the know. Many small business owners fail to let clients know about all the ways they can be of good service.”
4 Reasons Clients Don’t Know What You Can Do
- They are focused on the one product or service they bought from you.
- You focused on selling one solution and they bought it. Everyone was focused on that one service.
- Talking about multiple products can lead to confusion. The confused mind does not buy. So most entrepreneurs keep the discussion focused on one product or service that the client needs most.
- You didn’t tell them that you can do other things.
While it is important to keep the initial sale focused so the prospect makes a buying decision, entrepreneurs should realize this is the start of the relationship, not the end.
3 Reasons Clients Want to Buy More of Your Services
- People like to buy from people and companies they trust. Since they are using your products and services, they will trust you. Capitalize on that trust.
- Companies like to buy from a single source. It is easier on their bookkeeping systems to have a single-source vendor.
- As you get to know the client, you will uncover new ways to help them.
So why don’t entrepreneurs try to sell more services?
Three Reasons Entrepreneurs Don’t Make More Sales
- They are afraid of appearing “pushy, greedy or salesy.” These thoughts are all misguided. Think of how you can add value to your clients and you won’t focus on these negative thoughts..
- They are lazy. It’s easy to count the money and rest on your laurels, so you don’t tell the clients about new services.
- They are afraid of being rejected.
How can you ring up more sales by selling more services to your current clients?
Three Ways to Get the Word Out So You Make More Sales
- Tell them. If they don’t know, they can’t buy.
- Get over your fears of failure, rejection or being a pest. Instead, tell yourself that you are doing your clients a favor by letting them know about all the good things you can for them and all the great ways they can benefit. An old sales maxim says “the first sale you make is to yourself.” If you believe in your services, you will find it easier to tell your clients.
- Practice. The more times you say your message, the easier it will be to communicate with clients.
You can let clients know about your new services by email or by phone calls. You could even do a teleseminar or webinar so you can communicate with many people at one time. If you record the session, you can post it to your website so it can help explain your services.
“It’s a constant educational process to keep your customers aware of your entire menu of programs, products and services,” says LeBlanc.
If you follow these steps, you’ll do more than make more money – you’ll help more people!
Find out about OUR new services at PRLEADSPLUS.com
Publicity thought leader Dan Janal coaches entrepreneurs and small business on how to build profits withlow-cost Internet marketing and publicity tactics via individual and group coaching sessions. For information go to www.PRLEADSPLUS.com
Leave A Comment