Question: Who is the intended audience?
Answer: Its intended audience is employed individuals of every age and at every work level from entry level to CEO who want to learn my 50 tips on how to keep their own job secure even during tough times.
Q: Why are you the best person to write this book?
A: ABC World News Tonight’s Charles Gibson calls me “America’s Workplace Guru,” but what makes me most qualified to give this advice is years as a headhunter then as a broadcast journalist writing and reporting on the workplace genre.
Q: How is this book different from other books on this topic?
A: I can’t find any other book even close to giving this advice and how to save (keep) your job. Not one.
It is easy to read. I tell you what to do. I don’t coach you through it. I boss you through it. Easy.
Here are some tips from the book:
1. Set a Goggle alert with your boss’s name so you know if he or she ever gets stopped for a DWI or is in the media for anything (do this on your personal e-mail account and always fact check anything you find on the internet!)
2. Set a Technorati alert for your company and stay in touch with the blog chatter about your company – is it for sale?
3. Always have a “Viagara handshake” to seal a deal, then finish the handshake with “the Clinton.” What’s that? Read this book to find out.
4. Company gossip is gold and can help you bulletproof your job. However, never be known as the company gossip – just let him think he’s your “BFF.”
5. Bosses are trained to say “office politics don’t exist in this organization.” Only dumb employees believe that.
6. Mentees-mentors and networking: Create a sleeper cell of friends in your company and industry who will emerge in a time of crisis.
7. Career coaches are for sissies. If you need a career coach, you don’t have a career!
Q: Is there anything else we should know about this book?
A: My family and I have many friends who serve in the armed forces and they represent a rainbow of race, religion, and sexual orientation.
I dedicate this book to all the men and women who serve our country throughout the world. In particular, this book is for those who serve in Afghanistan and Iraq, many of whom are returning home with a job to bulletproof.
I ask that we all help find them jobs upon their safe return. And I pray for those who will not return because their first job – protecting our freedom – cost them their lives.
The book is available for pre-sale online right now; it will appear in bookstores on September 2nd. For more information, visit: